We offer a high quality, preschool program for children three to five years old with classes taught by Early Childhood Intervention Specialists and licensed assistants. Our curriculum aligns with the Ohio Department of Education’s Early Learning and Development Standards for preschool children, and includes instructional areas in: Approaches to Learning, Language and Literacy, Cognition, Social Emotional Development, Physical Well Being and Motor Development. Activities are engaging and fun, with topics that are developmentally appropriate and include hands-on projects.
Our goals are to prepare your child for kindergarten, develop relationships and build a solid foundation for success in life.
Classes are Monday - Thursday. Children attend class four (4) half days each week:
- Morning Session: 8:30AM - 11:45AM
- Afternoon session: 12:20PM - 3:35PM
There is no preschool on Fridays so teachers can plan home visits, arrange parent meetings, attend required staff trainings and plan instruction.
To have your child considered for enrollment, complete the forms listed below and return them to the Hebron school office.
Application for Preschool— this is required for all students. Also attach:
- Copy of Child’s Birth Certificate
- Copy of Child’s Immunization Record or current physical exam form (within 12 months)
- Custody Papers, if applicable
- Proof of Residency ( copy of a utilities or other bill sent to your residence)
- Completed Medical Exam Form - Extended time is allowed to turn in exam form
- Completed Dental Exam Form – Extended time is allowed to turn in exam form
To be considered for Free or lowered monthly Tuition, provide Proof of Income (4 most recent pay stubs, last year income tax return, and/or SSI/Caseworker statement)
If you have any questions, please contact Jackson Intermediate at 740-928-1915.
Davelyn Ross, Director of the Lakewood Preschool Program
(Enrollment at Lakewood Local’s Preschool may qualify for JFS Child Care Supplemental funding)