Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! I hope you had a restful fun summer full of exciting activities and reading! I am excited to have our halls filled once again with some of our youngest Lancers.
Our summer crew was busy this year. They helped brighten up Hebron with fresh paint throughout the building. You will also see a photo opportunity on the outside of the building near the office. The school district has helped us prepare for the heat that accompanies the beginning of the school year by having water bottles ready for students, along with placing industrial fans in the hallway and replacing blinds in some of the classrooms where the heat is most intense. We hope these measures will help make the building more comfortable for our students.
As we begin the school year, I would like to provide you with a few important reminders.
• On the first day of school for 1st and 2nd grades, parents can walk their child to class. After that, students must come in the middle doors on their own. Parents of kindergartners can walk their children to class on the first and second days.
• School hours are from 8:50 a.m.-3:10 p.m. Students should be in their classrooms by 8:45 a.m. After 8:50 a.m., students will be considered tardy.
• Any student signed out before 3:10 will be considered an early out and this will count towards perfect attendance and total absenteeism/ truancy figures. Parents will NOT be admitted to the building to wait for pick-up students.
• There is an instructional fee of $40.00 due by the end of the first 9 weeks. We appreciate your support and paying your fees in a timely manner.
• During late arrival days, the school doors open at 10:30am and school starts at 10:50am.
Nikki Henry, HES Principal
Aug. 19- Open House
Aug. 20- First day of school for 1st and 2nd
Aug. 23 – First day of school for Kindergarten
Sept. 2 – No School
Sept. 4- Picture Day
Sept. 25 – 2 hr. delay
Oct. 16 – Picture Retakes & Parent/Teacher Conferences
Oct. 22- Parent Teacher Conferences
Oct. 18 – No School
Oct. 23 – 2 hr. delay