INFORMATION REGARDING VIDEO CONFERENCING
Many Lakewood teachers are hosting video conferences to support student learning.
- When students participate in video conferences with their video ON, other participants can see them and their surroundings.
- Video sessions may be recorded and posted for students to use for review at a later time.
- The Student Code of Conduct and Acceptable Use Policy are in effect during video conferences.
- Teachers are being trained to take advantage of the security and privacy features on these platforms to limit participation to Lakewood students and disable unnecessary features.
Our teachers are using two platforms:
- Zoom is a commercial video conferencing tool used globally.
- Students do NOT need to create a Zoom account. Only the meeting hosts (teachers) need Zoom accounts.
- Only students with a Zoom meeting link and meeting password are able to join a Zoom meeting.
- If your teacher uses Google Classroom, they may choose to use Google Meet.
- Students using Google Meet will login with their regular @lakewoodlocal.k12.oh.us student Google account.
- Only students from Lakewood invited by the teacher are able to join a Google Meet session.
- Read more about privacy in GSuite here.
LESSONS FROM OUR TEACHERS
Materials will be posted here through Wednesday, March 18, then updated on an ongoing basis. New and updated materials are **MARKED IN RED**.