In 2019, the Lakewood Local School District Board of Education brought a diverse group of district administrators, staff, parents and community members to engage in the process of developing a comprehensive strategic plan for the district.
The core team met in four separate sessions beginning in January. The purpose of the meetings was to consider, discuss and debate the future needs of the district. This work resulted in the development of a vision, mission, core values, goals and strategies to focus the district’s work for the next three to five years.
The vision, mission and core values set the foundation for the plan. An aspirational vision statement is key to setting the destination. The mission is a statement of the organization’s daily work, and the core values are intentional belief statements for the district and community.
Lakewood. . .
. . .Home
We are a community of learners inspiring each student to explore, grow, and achieve.
The Lakewood Local School District values. . .
- The pursuit of excellence
- An unwavering belief in the potential of all students
- Partnerships among students, family, staff, and community
- Trust and respect for all
- Safety and well-being
Through a process of examining the district’s current state, a community survey and a critical look at the most pressing issues and challenges facing the district, the core team went to work identifying four overarching goal areas that will guide the district’s decision making.
Strategic Goal Areas
- Communication and Trust – At Lakewood, we build trust one interaction at a time.
- Social Emotional Well-Being – Lakewood promotes a culture where all are physically and emotionally safe, by building relationships with our students, staff and their families.
- Teaching and Learning – Lakewood invests in our staff by providing the tools and resources necessary to achieve high standards of excellence to reach every learner at every level.
- Facilities and Learning Environments – Lakewood creates a modern learning environment that adapts to our population and supports our highly qualified staff, providing a culture and climate to foster student achievement in all areas while maintaining financial responsibility.