We are partnering with MPW Industrial Services (“MPW”) to offer three paid internships to juniors at Lakewood High School. The internships will provide selected students with exposure to different career options at MPW, and gain insight into the skills and responsibilities in these disciplines to help them determine a career path.
The following applies to each internship:
- Pay rate is $15.00 per hour
- Begins in June and is 30 weeks long
- Consists of 12 hours each week
The internship opportunities offered are:
- Accounting & Finance – This intern will assist the Accounting & Finance Department. Essential functions: Perform various functions in one or more of the following departments of Accounting/Finance (Corporate Accounting, Operations Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Credit and Collections, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Tax); assist with any filing/administrative tasks that need completed; work with an MPW mentor to learn more about the accounting and finance function; utilize MPW’s accounting systems, including data entry; prepare schedules/reports using Microsoft Excel; and assist with any other tasks as needed.
- Engineering – This intern will assist the Engineering Department. Essential functions: study and create new technology drawings for product improvements or development; desire to learn about water purification and industrial processes; assist with any filing/administrative tasks that need to be completed; work with an MPW mentor to learn more about Engineering; and perform other duties as directed.
- Fabrication/Skilled Trades – This intern will experience a broad range of exposure to MPW’s Fabrication Department. Essential functions: interest in reading blueprints and designing drawings according to the project scope; desire to learn about welding and various types of equipment operations; operate all equipment in a safe manner using all the required safety equipment to comply with OSHA and company policies; assist with any filing/administrative tasks that need to be completed; work with an MPW mentor to learn more about Fabrication; and perform other duties as directed.
Please see the internship descriptions to the right for more detail.
The deadline for Summer 2022 internships has passed. Please check back next Spring for Summer 2023 internships and application process.