Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year. I want to introduce you to some new faces on the staff here at Lakewood High School:
- As you all know, this will be my first year as the Principal at LHS. I loved my 4 years as the Assistant Principal here, and I am looking forward to the new challenges that I will face as Principal.
- We have a new Assistant Principal, Mr. Jason Lee and
- A new Athletic Director, Mr. Scott Harris.
- Mrs. Dee Martindale will be working here at LHS as our STEM coordinator. Many of you will know her from her time as the Principal at Hebron Elementary.
- In addition, we have two new teachers, Mr. Trevor Sams, who will teach Science, and Mr. Charles Smith, an Intervention Specialist.
These new team members are all great people who have your best interest at heart and will do anything they can to help you be successful.
I know it seems like the end of the year is a long way off, but believe me when I say that it will be here faster than a blink of an eye. The more you get involved, the faster it will go. I encourage you to get involved in something this year that you have never done before: join a club or a sport; try out for a spot in one of our drama productions; become a mentor for our younger students. These experiences help you learn and grow outside the classroom and they can be a lot of fun.
Let me close by saying that everyone, staff and students, here at Lakewood High School has business to take care of this year. Stay focused. Do the best you can at all times. Accumulate those EOC points and class credits. Become an active member of the Lancer community. If you need help ask. If you see someone who needs a hand give it to them. Above all else let’s enjoy the year.
Mr. Krier, LHS Principal