We offer a high quality, preschool program for children three to five years old. The preschool classes are taught by Early Childhood Intervention Specialists and licensed assistants. The curriculum aligns with the Ohio Department of Education’s Early Learning and Development Standards for preschool children, and includes instructional areas in: Approaches to Learning, Language and Literacy, Cognition, Social Emotional Development, Physical Well Being and Motor Development. Activities are engaging, and fun, with topics that are developmentally appropriate and through hands-on projects.
The goal of the Lakewood Local preschool is to prepare your child for kindergarten, develop relationships, and to build a solid foundation for success in life.
Preschool classes are offered Mondays through Thursdays. Children attend class four (4) half days a week. The morning session is from 8:55 AM to Noon, while the afternoon session is from 12:40 PM to 3:45 PM. There is no preschool on Fridays so teachers can plan home visits, arrange parent meetings, attend required staff trainings and plan instruction.
To have your child considered for enrollment: Complete and return the forms available on this webpage to the Hebron Elementary School office.
1. Preschool Registration Form— this is required for all students. Also attach:
- Copy of Child’s Birth Certificate
- Copy of Child’s Immunization Record or current physical exam form (within 12 months)
- Custody Papers, if applicable
- Proof of Residency ( copy of a utilities or other bill sent to your residence)
- Completed Physician’s exam form - Extended time is allowed to turn in exam form
- Completed Dental exam form – Extended time is allowed to turn in exam form
2. To be considered for Free or lowered monthly Tuition: You must provide Proof of Income (4 most recent pay stubs, last year income tax return, and/or SSI/Caseworker statement)
If you have any questions, please contact Hebron Elementary at 740-928-2661.
Davelyn Ross, Director of the Lakewood Preschool Program
(Enrollment at Lakewood Local’s Preschool may qualify for JFS Child Care Supplemental funding)