Happy New Year Lakewood Students & Families,
I hope that all of you had a very relaxing and well deserved break, having the chance to enjoy quality time with family and friends. A new year is full of new beginnings. New attitudes. New opportunities to grow and achieve. We have many opportunities for our students coming up next semester. Here is a list of some of the offerings happening soon:
- LHS Alumni Panel Tuesday, Jan 9th during 5A and 5B periods. This is a great opportunity for our students to connect with recent graduates and find out about life after high school first hand.
- For those students who took the PSAT, they will have the opportunity to meet with school counselors regarding their scores on Wed, Jan 10th during 5A and 5B.
- Help the American Red Cross by participating in a blood drive on Thurs, Jan 25th.
- Participate in ACT Bootcamp on Mon, Jan 29th from 8am - 2pm. Cost for Juniors is $20, and other grades $60.
- All Juniors have the opportunity to take the ACT on Tues, Feb 27th here at the high school.
The new semester allows us to reflect on what we have achieved and experienced. We can ask ourselves, what was the single best thing that happened this year? What was the most challenging thing that happened? How can I make this next semester the best and most successful it can be? I challenge you to embrace this new year along with all the new opportunities that await. I challenge you to make new goals and not only achieve them, but surpass them! Most of all, I challenge you to be of strong mind, of strong character, all the while showing compassion toward others. A true Lancer.
Stacey J. Stein